Tda1541a psu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just swapped the 3 psu of my tda1541a from 317 to Tl431 hoping to get better result only to get worst result instead. What might have happen to my tl431 with 10uf oscon at the output.

Is this 10uf oscon cap adequate for the tda?

Has anyone come across this problem?

Any idea what's best for tda1541a?

I'm using a 220U, 15U, and 0U1 for my TDA1543 dac. When placed at the pins, I find that this work just fine. Could be too much capacitance but one TL431 datasheet recommends >100U capacitance if placed further away than a few inches away from the load.

If the TL431 is right by the pins, then 15U or so should be enough..

Don't forget the film bypass cap..

-15V is analog supply,

+5 and -5 are digital supply.

Try oscon and tl on the digital, leave the 317 on the analog supply. The many caps from the divider should go to analog gnd.
Connect agnd and dgnd at the chip.

Would be interested in the result:
-only 317
-only tl
-as above

Still looking at options for my dac, so this is only my guess !!

GuidoB

Thinking that the 10uf oscon is un-adequate, I add another 10uf directly at the pin and bypass the ref to cathode resistor with 100n doesn't solve the problem.Even my non- diyer friend says it sound bad compared to the previous one with 317. What i can the dac with Tl431 sound quite slow and bloated with excessive bass . While with 317, speed is quite apparent with distinctive note especially at the mid to high.So now the dac ended up with 317 again.Maybe try Quido's idea later. The problem now is that the pcb is in no good condition to solder and unsolder due to too much experiment with psu.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.