Yamaha cdx 993

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought this player about 3 years ago, when I first got it it wouldnt play some of my discs, skipping etc. I found that that transport was humming when it skipped, I solved this problem by adding lead to the lazer transport, I think this was caused by wobble in disc causing resonace in transport. Any one had this problem? Is there and upgrades inprovments that could do to this player. Iam a newbee but have bulit amps and Iam game to learn and play with things I dont no much about. Any advice would be great.

Hi Arni thanks for info, did you do both the spikes and op amps, Iam also thinking that my rack might not be firm enough as its only made of 16mm mdf, wot do you think, also old wooden house is not that firm any thoughts or suggestons.
Iam going to track down some spikes and chips and try the mods.
I also have been very happy with this player and belive it was a good buy but I love making things better.
Max

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.