Vintage Philips CD Player CD560

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I actually have the Magnavox branded CDB-560. Is the equivalent Philips model the CD560? If so, are there other Philips (not Magnavox) model numbers that are close to it in design/layout? My free manuals site has plenty of Philips CD players, but not the 560, for what I'm doing, a similar model should be good enough.

Here it is. The chip is TDA1541. The laser is CDM 2/29. Works fine except for the LED display, parts don't illuminate. Are these worth the trouble? Seen several lately quite cheap...

Attachments

• p1010393lo.jpg
    p1010393lo.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 760
This player is identical to a Philips CD560, and is part of a large family of very similar CD players. A lot of people, including myself, are fond of these players. Have a look at the Philips CD650 thread, more or less everything said there applies to this player.

Ideally, get the Philips CD460/560 service manual. The manuals for the Philips CD160 and CD360 are close, these are the narrow chassis version, and are electrically the same, bar the controller/display panel. The CD650 is also similar, using the same mechanism, servo panel and decoder panel.

I have the CD360 service manual, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.