Marantz CD-94 poorly again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, A couple of years ago the helpful peeps on here told me a bloke that could fix my Marantz CD-94. Brent from Sercal Electronics in Doncaster did indeed fix the unit but unhappily it has started playing up again. The drawer mechanism makes a funny grating noise when inserting a disk then spits it out after 5 seconds or so. As I live in Manchester and it's a bit of a pain to have to make two midweek journeys to Doncaster and back I'm considering retiring the old fella (gutted).

My question is how does the CD-94 and Arcam Black Box 500 compare to the new players such as the Marantz CD5003 and CD6003 (£200-£300 player) ? Also would it be a waste of time plugging one of these newer players into my Black Box 500 ? Or would the new players be better standalone against the CD94-BB500 combination ?

Can anyone recommend a decent standalone player to compare with what I have.

I'm really not sure what to do.

culpano said:
Hi everyone, A couple of years ago the helpful peeps on here told me a bloke that could fix my Marantz CD-94. Brent from Sercal Electronics in Doncaster did indeed fix the unit but unhappily it has started playing up again. The drawer mechanism makes a funny grating noise when inserting a disk then spits it out after 5 seconds or so. As I live in Manchester and it's a bit of a pain to have to make two midweek journeys to Doncaster and back I'm considering retiring the old fella (gutted).

My question is how does the CD-94 and Arcam Black Box 500 compare to the new players such as the Marantz CD5003 and CD6003 (£200-£300 player) ? Also would it be a waste of time plugging one of these newer players into my Black Box 500 ? Or would the new players be better standalone against the CD94-BB500 combination ?

Can anyone recommend a decent standalone player to compare with what I have.

I'm really not sure what to do.

If you are binning the CD94 ...............

I would be interested as it may help repair mine.

Andy

PS I heard good things about the 6003

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.