CDM 12 toploader modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nathan Lewis said:
I have the Steinmusic CDM12 with the drawer. How do you modify it for toploading?

Also, where is the I2S output on this unit?

Nathan,

Which version did you buy? (the standard, the standard with modification or the cdx 3).

Did you already listen to it?

Perhaps you have some pictures?

What are your plans with this player?

Regards,
Jan

Mattyo5,

That's a great translator, a bit weird to read but still way better than my Japanese language knowledge. Hai! ;)

Anyway, there is lot's of info. I found a few other japanese site's as well which explain a lot.

I guess it is a good idea to dismantle the complete cdm 12 down to the part which carries the the motor and the laser and mount it in a solid, heavy wooden or metal plate. Or am I wrong?

Greetings
Jan

Yeah, that sounds good to me man. Wouldn't you want to do that w/ any transport that you were using though...if you were modding it (not suggesting you do that to your favorite Krell transport). Like a CDROM drive or something...can those be stripped down similarly and mounted...just the motor and the laser? That would be SO cool. What a cool mod.

-Matthew K. Olson

I modified my CD723 to a top loader. See the details at Decibel Dungeon .

There are two switches on the Shortloader transport. One to detect when the drawer is closed. The other to indicate that the drawer has been opened and closed again.

I removed the second switch to the front of the unit so I now go through the following sequence to play a new CD.

1. Open the lid
  2. Remove the CD
  3. Insert new CD
  4. Press button twice
  5. Close lid
    [/list=1]

The other switch is activated when the lid is closed and the new CD is then searched for track details etc.

I have thought many times of a way to iliminate the need to press the button twice but it is now so natural for me to do this that I do it without thinking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.