Pcm2702 Usb Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I made pcm2702 as it was described in elektor magazine and this was copy of evaluation fixture. Power supply is not from usb, but separate transformer and lm7805 regulator. I omited output filter and operational amplifier after dac and take output from dac via coupling cap to amplifier. Someday i may add some sort of output buffer and better power supply.
I also made dac with pcm2906, which is has not as good sound as pcm2702, but has s/pdif in/out.

Best regards,
Borisov57

I heard that KECES in Taiwan is going to release their finished product of USB DAC using PCM2702. The actual released date should be end of May.

The case will have a crystal-clear plastic cover. Unconfirmed information regarding parts used in this machine includes power caps - Nichicon KMH, OS-CON and MUSE. Single OP DIP-8 design is used so people can easily swop the OP for tuning. I am curious that almost all resistors look like generic precise resistors except the LPF part uses Dale RN60, wonder whether this is part of the tuning trick.

In the discussion forum it seems like there is going to be a English webpage for this product and can be sold to overseas(the transformer can adapt 110 and 220V by changing internal wiring.)

So for those who are interested, maybe you can observe the progress.

China DIYer also develop a USB DAC PCB by using PCM2702 as well but they are using tube. Unfortunately this is not yet a kit or finished product that is available. http://www.erji.net/dispbbs.asp?BoardID=6&RootID=149284&id=150147&star=1&skin=
Happy listening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.