Marrantz Cd42/52 Draw Gear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi can any one tell me me if the parts for the cd42 / 52 are still around as i have an old CD42 and looking inside it looks like it may be worth moding. It seems a lot better built than the 63 / 67 as it as a floating cd carrier and lens and its brased both ways but the bad news is its drive gear for the draw as lost 3 or 4 teeth. I would be interested if any of you have moded one and if the parts are still around. THANKS

They're available on eBay, but I can send you a spare used one for the cost of postage if you want. Email me if you're keen.
Hello amc184,
just came from disassembling my CD42MKII and found a toothless gear inside.... took me a while to get the drawer out so I coule take the gear off.
I could locate a seller at ebay (CES) but 30 Euro is definately too much.
Do you still have one of these gears available?
b.r. Michael

No problem. I could locate a dealer who sells it for € 15 including postage. This is still a lot, but seems a reasonable price. Developping an own dyecast tooling might be more expensive :D
However Thx for trying to help!
I love my Marantz player...
Btw do you have any hints for disassembling the drawer?
My way seems too complicated. I tried the following:
- take off the spring-mounted disk pusher
- take off the drawer motor belt
- remove the drawer from the rear gliders by squeezing it and lifting the rear side upward
- push back the drawer as far as possible
- press the front left glider outward until it gets off the drawer slot
- take the drawer out at rear side
- remove the toothless gear

I ran the risk of breaking some parts while pushing the gliders, so I think there must be a more gentle way of getting the gear changed.

No problem. I could locate a dealer who sells it for € 15 including postage. ..................I love my Marantz player...............

Hi amc184,

I also need a gear and am happy to pay..........

Try searching EBAY for a faulty player with the CDM4 mechanism.

The chances are it will have a good gear and be cheaper.

Andy

Can I ask what other spares you have?

May other things related to Philips radial arm mech players, but most of is inaccessible at the moment. To be honest though, I'm not really looking to sell parts, I'm mainly hoarding a collection to fix my own players in the future.

But if you are after a couple of things to fix a specific problem you have, I may be able to help. PM or email me the details.

By the way, a side note to everyone: Though the gear used in Marantz players are functionally equivalent to (and interchangeable with) the gear used on Philips players using the same loader type, they are made of a different, inferior, material. They are far more brittle.

This is why you always see 'I need a tray gear for my Marantz CD52' and not 'I need a tray gear for my Philips CD630'.

My own CD52 Mk2 is using a tray gear from a Philips player.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.