Krell Audio Video Standard Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone I'm having trouble getting started on a repair of Krell Audio Video Standard. When it's plugged in every light on the front display lights up,even the LED grid that supposed to have digits is solid red. The unit has no function. Logic circuits is one of my weak points . Curious if anyone has seen a problem simular to this on something else. I checked all main voltage supplies which are OK. Any help getting started on this would be appreciated.

No, as far as I know Krell never released it. Main problems on this unit are power supply caps,bad connections to power supply,Chips on digital board,bad contacts on front panel socketed IC and bad contacts on eeprom. I've repaired 4 of these since posting this and these are the most common problems I've encountered. I troubleshoot with a know good unit since there are no available schematics outside of Krell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.