Audio Alchemy DDE v1.2 schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have a Audio Alchemy DDE v1.2 schematic? The DDE v3.0 schematic I found was close but omits some of the features that the DDE v1.2 has.

My DAC has some issues with "secondary lock" and staticky noises from one channel when there is no data. I've replaced the CS8412 receiver with a good one with no improvement.

I am not certain how the "secondary lock" condition is met since there is no second PLL or anything like that I can find. The LED just doesn't turn on anymore. It used to turn on as soon as a CD would start playing. It might be looking at some of the CS8412 serial status data or not... The secondary lock LED is driven from a mpu and there is a PAL with unknown logic functions which complicates troubleshooting.

I've attempted to reach former AA people with so far no response. Any help would be appreciated. I would to fix this so I can start modding. Thanks.

JW

:p
Hi.
I subscribe the same problema with "Secondary Lock".
The unit i am testing had a mute Left DAC, wich turn out to be a short circuit made by a film capacitor at the positive power line after the regulator.If you observe the clock line of the DACs with a scope you will see a complete "Pile of Xit" waveform...
;)

:D
Hi.
Do you have any news about this problem?
I'm searching around the CMOS logic chips. So far the 74HC86 XOR and line driver 74HC244 seems good at the unit that i'm searching the "Secondary Lock Failure". I've checked the 47nF cap at the Crystal receiver PLL filter pin, and its fine too.
Only left the PAL an the two Flip-Flops chips for study.
:confused:
I'm still digging...
:crazy:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.