new Brand of Hologram Laser (LDGU) LT0H30PA inside by Philips CDM12 and VAM12 mech

Here are a supplier of CDM12.4 and VAE1250 head (optical pickup) in an expensive version, discover by chance.
Optical Pick-up Units (OPUs) | Enco Systems
Maybe NOS devices from Philips, made in Japan, no cheap China copies in bad quality.
Are there any experiences?

Hi tiefbassuebertr!
Since I have a micromega stage 1 to be repaired, I follow with great interest this thread... :eek:
Did you try units this supplier sells, or did you contact them?

In the meantime, when recommending CD player models, I make sure that Philips-based drives only use CDM-4 versions or the older ones.
From CDM-9 upwards (including the "PRO" versions) you are dealing with hologram laser diodes from Sharp (LT0H12M/LTOH12M for CDM-9 - go to the attachment), which are significantly less reliable because of their shorter lifespan.
Check therefore this list:
CD-Player-DAC-Transport List
but it is to note (especially at Micromega models SOLO/DUO/TRIO) that are inside both CDM-9 versions and the older but better CDM versions. Unfortunately to find out this is difficult without dismantling.

As with the SONY KSS series (e.g. KSS-272A) it is also the case with the Daisylaser/Philips CDM9 and CDM12 drives or their laser units that you pay collector prices for NOS versions, i. e. extrem expensive.
That alone is the evidence that my claim is correct (reliable laser units such as JVC's OPTIMA series are easily and inexpensively available because they are almost never necessary as a spare part due to very long fife time).

Because of the meanwhile high age (> 20 years) of this fashionable laser diode technology from approximately 1993, which Sharp released on the market and Philips equipped with it, I don't longer repair Philips based CD players with CDM-9 drives, as well as CDM12 and VAM drives.

For me it's just a waste of time.

Attachments

• LT0H12M for CDM-9pro datasheet.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
good morning everyone
first of all, I apologize if not speaking English as a "mother tongue" I have to help myself with google translate to be more precise ... I also struggled to interpret the whole discussion so far, but it's not all clear to me.

I carry this discussion above because I have a problem with a cd player whose transport mechanism I am looking for: it is a Philips cdm 12.1 / 15, which some have told me is equivalent and replaceable with transports of the type VAM1202 / VAM 1201, however there are many acronyms that characterize VAM transports and I couldn't figure out which one is the right one.
In my research, I would have found a VAM 1201/11, can someone tell me if it would be good to replace the cdm 12.1 / 15?
What other transports would be compatible with the cdm12.1 / 15?

good morning everyone
first of all, I apologize if not speaking English as a "mother tongue" I have to help myself with google translate to be more precise ... I also struggled to interpret the whole discussion so far, but it's not all clear to me.

I carry this discussion above because I have a problem with a cd player whose transport mechanism I am looking for: it is a Philips cdm 12.1 / 15, which some have told me is equivalent and replaceable with transports of the type VAM1202 / VAM 1201, however there are many acronyms that characterize VAM transports and I couldn't figure out which one is the right one.
In my research, I would have found a VAM 1201/11, can someone tell me if it would be good to replace the cdm 12.1 / 15?
What other transports would be compatible with the cdm12.1 / 15?
and again: would a CDM 12.1 be a good replacement for the CDM 12.1/15?