Thermionic Valve Analogue Stages

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I'm interested by Thorsten Loesch 's "Thermionic Valve Analogue Stages for Multibit Digital To Analogue Converters". I would like to use it with a TDA1545. On Thorsten Loesch's schematic, I'm trouble with Deem Relay. It is say that it will be controlled from the Players/DAC’s internal logic.
Could somebody can explain me how to connect this Deem Relay like if I am 6 years old ?

Thank you

Pascal.

Attachments

• deem.jpg
    deem.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 560
Put together the little thingie there with the other thingie on the square thingie in the middle. Or something like that...
......Maybe bob de Builder knows ???

Sorry, trying to be funny. In order to do this you need to know what is inside your player or dac. If it is a player you need to look at the decoder. If it is a dac, you need to look at the input receiver. If you can give more info on the chips used inside the equipment, we/i are able to tell you were to connect things to.

You also need a driver for the relay (e.g. transistor) to drive the relay coil.

Greetings,
GuidoB

PTSOUNDLAB said:
Hello

I'm interested by Thorsten Loesch 's "Thermionic Valve Analogue Stages for Multibit Digital To Analogue Converters". I would like to use it with a TDA1545. On Thorsten Loesch's schematic, I'm trouble with Deem Relay. It is say that it will be controlled from the Players/DAC’s internal logic.
Could somebody can explain me how to connect this Deem Relay like if I am 6 years old ?

Thank you

Pascal.

Hi Pascal,
the relay is controlled by the deemphasis signal. Only few, mostly older, CD's have it.
You have to find out if deemphasis on= high or low.
It comes from the DSP f.a. SAA7210 in my Philips.;)

Re: Thermionic with NonOversampling DAC

Koinichiwa,

PTSOUNDLAB said:
Hello,

in fact I would like to use this valve output with Nonoz II DAC

http://home.student.utwente.nl/f.s.bouwman/audio/nonoz2.html

or with DAC of The Klones

http://www.geocities.com/rjm003.geo/rjmaudio/diy_dac.html

and my problem is to connect correctely the Right (pin8) and Left (pin6) of TDA1543 and this Deem

To make this short, sweet and simple.

You CANNOT use that output stage with TDA1543 or TDA1545. It will not work.

Sayonara

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.