Proceed CDD (transport) that needs a new laser module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Proceed CDD which is skipping on just about every disc. It has gotten progressively worse over the last two years and it's time to get it fixed.

In contacting Harmon Specialty Group HSG (that that is left of Madrigal Audio) they have referred me to their two remaining "qualified" servicing vendors. They have quoted $1,100.00 for the repair.

I have verified that my transport has the Philips CDM12 IND transport in it. According to what I have read on the web, the CDPRO2LF is backward compatible with the CDM12. However, HSG claims that they modified the Philips mechanism and that is why I need to go with their vendors for the repair.

I see that I can purchase the CDPRO2LF's in the $300 to $400 range, but I do not know what modifications my CDD is requiring.

Has anyone replaced their CDM12 on a CDD or CDP that can help?

I looked on eBay and found the following:
NEW PHILIPS ORIGINAL LASER LENS - VAM1203 / CDM12.3
Is it possible to buy a new laser mechanism to replace the one on my existing CDM12 to get me back up and running.

I realize that the 1203/12.3 above may not be the exact match, but there are bunch of these on eBay and the price is right ~$50.

Any input would be awesome. If there are other threads here, could you give me a link? I tried searching but the word "proceed" brings back too many hits that are not related to Proceed gear.

Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.