cdrom pitch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hy there im sick of trying search this subject but with no results, my question is, is it possible to control the speed "pitch" of regular cdrom player, i´ve seen cdrom player kits but they seem to dont have that fuction , if someone knows please teel me what do i need to

cheers

djludovice said:
hy there im sick of trying search this subject but with no results, my question is, is it possible to control the speed "pitch" of regular cdrom player, i´ve seen cdrom player kits but they seem to dont have that fuction , if someone knows please teel me what do i need to

cheers

Well, you didn't search very hard! :D :D

http://www.supremeaudio.com/CD.htm

shows typical DJ players which do have pitch control.

Changing the crystal frequency does work with old CD players - I've done it with my old Philips CD-150. Elektor published plans for a pitch control add-on that used a variable frequency oscillator, but it required a board and EPROM that haven't been available for many years. The sensible way to do it now would be with a DDS chip controlled by a microcontroller.

There is CD DJ software that will do the pitch and/or tempo shifting in software.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.