Best Source for Philips CD Pro2 Modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I've been looking to get into a project here lately and I think I've decided to get a Philips CD Pro2 module kit and experiment some... The end goal is to utilize a PIC in various ways to control the mechanism and possibly build an external DAC for it as well. Not for any 'good reason', really. I just want to work on something and this interests me...

What I'm looking for is a pointer to the best place to buy the kit at. I'm in the US. Seen various vendors online, as well as the module appearing on eBay on occasion. I'll probably avoid eBay since there seems to be more credible places to get the unit. I've seen a wide price range and am not sure what the most legit vendor is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

I've definitely ran across Daisy in my search for a source. In fact, they were the first place I checked out. My only concern with ordering from Daisy is the fact that they are out of the country... Not sure if that could cause problems with a) high shipping costs and b) customs.

I also ran across a company called Enco Systems which appears to cater towards the Jukebox crowd. They do, however, sell a CD Pro2 kit. And they are in the US from what I can tell. I also saw them mentioned in another thread about the CD Pro2.

Anyone have thoughts about Enco Systems?

I'd like to support Daisy, though, because that is the place I found the datasheets, a manual, datasheets on all the chips, etc... Since they were such a wealth of knowledge to help point me in the right direction, I'd like to go with them to 'repay' them for that.

Hmmm..

Thanks,
Brad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.