Oppo 980 psu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you want to completely replace the switching supply with transformers and linear regulators, you may want to check the Twisted Pear website at http://www.twistedpearaudio.com. Get two LCBPS and two transformers, one 2x9V and one 2x15V. This way, you also have complete separation between the analog and the digital supplies. You will have to verify yourself if this can supply the currents needed by your Oppo player.

With the Dexa regulators, you still need transformer, rectifiers, caps, etc., which you have to put on a board. However, the Dexas should give you lower noise and lower source impedance at high frequencies. By how much? No idea, I have never seen any comparative measurements. Are the sonics audibly improved? Again, I can't say since I have never heard of people doing a direct A/B comparison.

Kurt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.