Cambridge CD3 - need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
First of all: my soldering skills etc. is modest - at best.
Here goes.
I bought a faulty CD3 in order to use the dac as a separate for my PC.
However, it seems that the only issue with this player, is that somehow the FFW button is "on" the whole time. I checked the time it took to finnish a 2-minute track (30 sec.) and it sounds exactly the way you would expect when your fast forwarding.
Is this known to be a problem with this player, and what is the solution. I honestly do not need the FFW function, so can this be singled out easy?
Thanks in advance
Steen

Okay
Removed the display pcb and checked the functions on all the buttons. Only used the Ohm setting, and measured pressed/unpressed and all came out working.
Tried with sound, and clocked the 2-minute track to 30 sec. again, but also checked it with the FFW button activated, and now it only took 13 sec.
So I'm back to square one. Is there anything else that can cause the player to read at four times speed. Btw. the green light marking "disc fault" flashes in sync with the sound.
Can one bypass the functions that are not needed?
Steen

Hi again
This may turn out to be one of those stories with a happy ending.
With no bright ideas as how to fix the problem, I did as follows.
Removed the entire sled, took out the tiny plastic clamp and added to this two coins. Found a spraycan with "electrician on a box" and spayed all inside parts not directly in proximity to the laser.
Two hours later I hooked my "skeleton" player, now a toploader, up to the rest of my Linn system.......WOOW
Believe it or not, I even pointed my Linn remote to the Cambridge and everything works :D :D :D
A lot of listening lies ahead, but already I can say that it matches my Karik/Numerik combo (haven't tried any Mahler yet)
Steen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.