Can I disable the outputs on my Denon?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I set my Denon ablaze last year, it was my fault short circuited a speaker wire woops. I got it fixed it blew 6 of the outputs.

Just bought some new speakers (Focal) brought them home plug 'em up (NO SHORTS, NO EXPOSED WIRE GROUNDING or anything like that). They sounded great went to crank them up a bit and The Denon went into protect mode and shutdown. I let it cool down for a bit turned it back on and several EXTREME showers of sparks were shooting actually out of the top plus a small fireball or two. Quickly shut her down again. Tried again in the morning sparks shot out the bottom this time. She's more than likely toast.

Just wondering if I could still use it as a pre-pro. This has been suggested to me several times on other fourms. If I could disable the outputs than I could get an seperate amp to run things so i have been told. For now my 'ol skool Onkyo is doing a pretty good job.

Thanks Dono

p.s. the unit is Deno 2106 it states 6ohm my Focal's are staed as 8 ohm but I know they can dip down to 3 ohm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.