MicroSD Memory Card Transport Project

Remote Control

I am VERY interested in a remote control kit! The Apple remote control is an ideal partner :)

Meanwhile, would you care to show your remote control setup (ohoto)?

/S

Hi, SDTrans384 users and those who are interested in a SDTrans384 board kit!

Tachyon is considering a possible distribution of optional remote control unit for SDTrans.
Bunpei and some other users in Japan developed their own remote control receiver by using an Arduino micro-controller board, Apple IR remote and modified Hifi-duino code.

I hope you enjoy music with SDTrans!

Chiaki's SDTrans-Sync-9018D DAC + I/V system

I'd like to introduce Chiaki's combo, SDTrans-Sync-9018D DAC + I/V system

As I briefly reported before, Chiaki prototyped his own ES9018 Dual Mono DAC board designed in a closely-coupled way with SDTrans.
sdtrans-sync-tower1.jpg

http://www.chiaki.cc/Transport/images/sdtrans-sync-tower1.jpg

He added his own I/V module for the DAC recently. I had a chance to listen to them in my environment preparing necessary power supplies.

His DAC board has the following features;
1. ES9018 dual mono configuration for stereo
2. I2S/DSD (LVDS differential) input by way of PS-Audio type HDMI connector & Cable
3. On board Crystek oscillators 45.1584/49.152 MHz
The clock signal is sent back to SDTrans via the HDMI cable
4. Synchronous master clocking scheme for ES9018
5. Complete isolation of interfaces between SDTrans and DAC
SDTrans -> DAC: I2S/DSD, I2C
DAC -> SDTrans: Master clock
6. SDTrans selects a frequency of Crystek oscillator based on a source fs.
Selection command is sent by way of I2C.
7. SDTrans performs adequate register settings for ES9018
8. Muting control from SDTrans side
No click, no pop noises between tracks of any type of sources
9. Five separate power supply input terminals for Clock, Digital-Left, Digital-Right, Analog-Left, Analog-Right sections.
Ground planes are separated in a well-considered manner.
Instead of using on board regulators, an optional external highly-regulated power input can be acceptable.

Attachments

• 01_Chiaki_DAC.jpg
    01_Chiaki_DAC.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 729
Last edited:
His I/V board has the following features;
1. Based-on a standard schematic shown in ESS ES9018 Evaluation Board
Its purpose is shown a kind of reference to users
2. Stackable on his DAC board
3. Unbalanced and balanced output
4. Separated power input terminals for Left and Right (DC +-15V)
5. Muting mechanism controlled from DAC side

The first picture shows the I/V board stacked on the DAC board from a top view. The second shows the DAC and the stacked I/V board from a side view.

Attachments

• 02_Chiaki_IV.jpg
    02_Chiaki_IV.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 725
  • 03_Chiaki_DAC_IV.jpg
    03_Chiaki_DAC_IV.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 705
Last edited:
Bunpei's impression for the DAC and I/V board;

1. The system can reproduce very abundant information originally captured in a source when you supply commensurate DC powers with the DAC.
(In other words, the system reflects the quality of power supplies in a very sensitive manner. When we make significant efforts, we will be rewarded enough.)

2. Every SDTrans384 Version 3.0 users has a wonderful opportunity to enjoy a music by obtaining this DAC or DAC + I/V.

Photos of Bunpei's power supplies are shown below for your reference.

(The I/V board in the first picture was Chiaki's first prototype. It is not identical to the second prototype board in shown in the previous post.)

Attachments

• SDTrans_DAC_Power_06F.jpg
    SDTrans_DAC_Power_06F.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 284
  • SDTrans_DAC_Power_05F.jpg
    SDTrans_DAC_Power_05F.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 282
  • SDTrans_DAC_Power_03FG.jpg
    SDTrans_DAC_Power_03FG.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 293
  • SDTrans_DAC_Power_02FG.jpg
    SDTrans_DAC_Power_02FG.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 337
  • SDTrans_DAC_Power_01F.jpg
    SDTrans_DAC_Power_01F.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 701
Chaiki's sd/dac

That's a crazy setup! I'm sure it is very clean and relaxing to listen to. I added the ti tps7a4700 evm regulator to my sd player. It really helps to hear the music with much more micro detail. I used a tpa lcdps before the ti reg. Sounds better than the tpa placid on its own. :p Very happy with the sound this sd player creates. Made my system step up big time.
Staccatiss- I think its post 304, pg 31 that has the info on the cap placement. The I2s issue was solved with the other half of the lcdps powering the tpa teleporter, at least so far no issues. Good power supplies make all the difference!

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
I think that was the PPS cap recommendations for ver 2 of SDTRANS. Did you put PPS caps on the same power supplies in version 3?

Staccatiss- I think its post 304, pg 31 that has the info on the cap placement. The I2s issue was solved with the other half of the lcdps powering the tpa teleporter, at least so far no issues. Good power supplies make all the difference!

Attachments

• SN3G0044.JPG
    SN3G0044.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 289