Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

MicroSD Memory Card Transport Project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd December 2016, 12:56 PM   #961
Bill3331 is offline Bill3331
diyAudio Member

I got my SDTrans384 and have been enjoying sound better than I have ever heard from my system. Thanks and congratulations to Bunpei and Chiaki for this incredible piece of hardware!

A couple of minor issues - when I copied my files onto the SD card, some of my albums play with their tracks scrambled. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution for it? I'm thinking I could copy tracks over one by one in the correct order, but I'm hoping there's something easier.

The other problem is gapless playback. On tracks that should be joined together, there is about a 1 second pause in playback. Is there a cure for this, or is this a limitation of the SDTrans?
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:09 PM   #962
pm325 is offline pm325
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3331 View Post
A couple of minor issues - when I copied my files onto the SD card, some of my albums play with their tracks scrambled. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution for it? I'm thinking I could copy tracks over one by one in the correct order, but I'm hoping there's something easier.

The other problem is gapless playback. On tracks that should be joined together, there is about a 1 second pause in playback. Is there a cure for this, or is this a limitation of the SDTrans?
There is small tool for sorting tracks in correct order - UMMSort. The second approach - combine all tracks in one WAV file. You get gapless playback also.
Old 24th May 2017, 02:40 PM   #963
adeveza is offline adeveza  United States
diyAudio Member

Where can we find this small program "UMMsort"
Old 30th June 2018, 01:23 AM   #965
Greg Stewart is offline Greg Stewart  United States
diyAudio Member

@seeteeyou,

Thanks for the umssort link. I need to download and use it on some of my folders to get my desired play order.

It's been pretty quiet here for the last year. BUT it looks like there may be another run of SDTrans384 soon... see here:

GB: SDTrans384 - A micro SD card digital transport

A few weeks ago I did a pretty extensive modification to mine. It involved replacing all of the on-board regulators with small LT3045-based boards from ldovr.com. Given that the SDTrans384 has readily available external voltage insertion points, it made this mod pretty easy. Nice upgrade in definition too. Clocks possibly next, I've got some of the higher-quality NDKs from Lorian's group buy. Though I really want to put a Pulsar clock there!

Then the super-tweakers at tirnahifi.org are back on the SD card player train again:

Computer Audio Blasphemy, nige tries Another SD Card Player - Tir Na HiFi

They are working with some SD card players made in China and with some mods have gotten results they are very happy with. A couple of them have SDTrans384 for comparisons (and I have a couple of their SD card players to try)... very curious what will be found comparing them. Expect some mods to their that are wildly beyond what I've done to my SDTrans384 so far!

Also they are looking to use WiFi-enable micro SD card adapters to enable a mobile application to update the files on the card and possibly even operate the player. The former at least could be applicable to our SDTrans. Though they started down thi path with a WiFi-enabled SD card, they've settled on Panasonic industrial SLC cards as the best sounding one they've tried. So they are trying the WiFi-adapter while sticking with the SLC card.

About a year ago I heard from Bunpei that they liked a special Sony card. I've gotten a couple and they are noticeably better than any others I have, though I don't have an extensive collection of various brands. I need to get one of the SLC cards to give it a try.

Here's that Sony card:

Amazon.com: Sony Class10-Adaptive MicroSDXC Card SR-64HXA 64GB: Computers & Accessories

Anyone got anything else interesting to report.

Greg in Mississippi

P.S. A year or so ago, I used a 4-relay remote unit to interface with the external control connection points and give me remote operation. I know you can get a unit from Tachyon, but this was a quick and easy solution and VERY inexpensive! Here's a similar one from Amazon (I got mine from EBay, but that one is no longer listed):

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: MagiDeal 12V 4CH Channel IR Infrared Wireless Remote Control Learning Relay Module 8M
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG6933.jpg (448.3 KB, 156 views)
Old 30th June 2018, 02:14 AM   #966
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Stewart View Post
About a year ago I heard from Bunpei that they liked a special Sony card. I've gotten a couple and they are noticeably better than any others I have, though I don't have an extensive collection of various brands.
Better in what sense?
Old 30th June 2018, 02:26 AM   #967
diyAudio Member

I little more clear, details are a bit more noticeable without being in your face.

Greg in Mississippi
Old 30th June 2018, 02:37 AM   #968
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Stewart View Post
I little more clear, details are a bit more noticeable without being in your face.
I see. I assume you don't do double-blind listening tests?
Old 30th June 2018, 02:50 AM   #969
diyAudio Member

Nope.

Greg in Mississippi
Old 30th June 2018, 03:02 AM   #970
sumotan is online now sumotan  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

What caps are you using for main PS Greg ?
I too have started to muck around with the Sd384.
Now connecting via I2S to my Aya dac, guess what,
will never go spidf anymore real evil.

MicroSD Memory Card Transport ProjectHide this!Advertise here!