MicroSD Memory Card Transport Project - Page 64 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2013, 01:55 PM   #631
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Default More photos taken by Mr. Yamazaki

Hi, staccatiss!

Thank you very much for your post.

Mr. Yamazaki of Tachyon told me links of his photo of Chiaki's kit.

SDTrans and Chiaki's DAC + I/V system
Click the image to open in full size.

SDTrans with a white Sync-option sub board

SDTrans is playing a DXD source on the system

SDTrans is playing a DSD256 source on the system

I/V board stacked on DAC board

DAC board

The DAC board has 5 independent +5V DC power input terminals for
Digital L, Digital R, Analog L, Analog R and Clock (Common).

The I/V board has 2 independent +15V, -15V DC power input terminals for
I/V L, I/V R.

Therefore, you can connect utmost 10 DC power lines (including SDTrans) separately to the system.
Old 26th September 2013, 12:03 AM   #632
diyAudio Member

Tachyon is releasing Chiaki's board kit to overseas users those who completed their payments. I heard that at least one user already received it.
I hope some users post their reports here soon.
Old 29th September 2013, 02:42 PM   #633
elecon is offline elecon  Japan
diyAudio Member

Smile Sync Option SDTrans, DAC & I/V, and complete 10 x Solar Cell power supply

Currently I have the pleasure to borrow the very latest complete sync option SDTrans, DAC & I/V converter (by Chiaki) and a 10-panel Solar Cell power supply built by Bunpei. Each power supply point (10 in all) of the SDTrans, DAC, and I/V converter have its own separate Solar Cell Panel power supply.

Even though there are elements and parts of this system that is still being worked on, I am lucky to have this opportunity to review a complete original system of player, DAC, I/V, and of course the Solar Cell Panel power supply.

Last time I had a listen to the Solar Cell Panel power supply, it was only a single unit Solar Cell Panel power supply unit with two panels feeding my Fidelix Caprice DAC and SDTrans with 90/98 MHz clocks.

This time I have the complete system with the new DAC and I/V and individual Solar Cell Panel power supplies for each separate section that needs to be supplied with power.

I have gone through the same music collection I normally use for testing, and also thrown in whatever music I have felt like listening to spontaneously. I do play source material from 2L / Lindberg Lyd (Norway) in DSD and 352.8/24bit DXD, as well as various music downloaded from HDTracks at various formats like 48/24, 88.2/24, 96/24. 176.4/24, and 192/24. But ultimately I play the music I like in whatever format it happen to be in, which in the end means that a lot will be in "plain vanilla" 44.1/16 as ripped from my own CD collection.

The resolution and definition of everything I throw at the current digital source playback system (including the "plain vanilla stuff") is SKY-HIGH and VERY ENJOYABLE. I can simply say that to me this is the ultimate digital source playback system known to me as of today. Even though a complete system like I have here now will be an investment of "real money", perhaps beyond what some "do it yourself enthusiast" is willing to spend, I can tell you that the asking price (from Tachyion) is "dirt cheap" as compared to all commercially available high-end audio offerings available on the market. And my guess is that there is no system more aurally pleasing.

The downside is in the user interface and the limitation to playing WAV files prepared on your computer only. It is hard to watch the text on the tiny display to figure out what to play next, and in general to "find" your music spread out over several SD cards. However, THE REWARD in sonic pleasure (to me at least) is such that I never complain, and I have virtually stopped listening to other digital source components that I also have available (some quite costly CD players and DACs, and also some quite reasonably good USB solutions that I also think have improved a lot during recent years.)

I have no financial involvement with Tachyon, and I am also in the process of purchasing several SDTrans, DAC etc. from them (as an ordinary customer). Obviously I am friends with Bunpei & Chiaki, but I am judging the sonic results solely on their own merits, and I would not hesitate to go elsewhere if that gave me better results. So far "THIS IS IT" for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L1030435.jpg (307.6 KB, 229 views)
Old 30th September 2013, 01:06 PM   #634
diyAudio Member

Oh, wow! What sonical pleasure it must give you and also what joy for Chiaki and Bunpei who have been working hard on the system for many years!

Some comments if I may. I use the remote control kit from T. and I find that the user interface now is much better compared to the buttons on the player PCB. Before I had the remote control kit, I said to myself that this is no worse than playing LP:s! And I called playback SDtrans hard core style ;-)

We can also play DSD files and DXD files and not only WAV files :-)

I have been thinking about the display being normally small. Some form of lens that enlarges the display must surely be had some where. I have looked around a bit but did not find it.

/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecon View Post
Currently I have the pleasure to borrow the very latest complete sync option SDTrans, DAC & I/V converter (by Chiaki) and a 10-panel Solar Cell power supply built by Bunpei. Each power supply point (10 in all) of the SDTrans, DAC, and I/V converter have its own separate Solar Cell Panel power supply.

Even though there are elements and parts of this system that is still being worked on, I am lucky to have this opportunity to review a complete original system of player, DAC, I/V, and of course the Solar Cell Panel power supply.

Last time I had a listen to the Solar Cell Panel power supply, it was only a single unit Solar Cell Panel power supply unit with two panels feeding my Fidelix Caprice DAC and SDTrans with 90/98 MHz clocks.

This time I have the complete system with the new DAC and I/V and individual Solar Cell Panel power supplies for each separate section that needs to be supplied with power.

I have gone through the same music collection I normally use for testing, and also thrown in whatever music I have felt like listening to spontaneously. I do play source material from 2L / Lindberg Lyd (Norway) in DSD and 352.8/24bit DXD, as well as various music downloaded from HDTracks at various formats like 48/24, 88.2/24, 96/24. 176.4/24, and 192/24. But ultimately I play the music I like in whatever format it happen to be in, which in the end means that a lot will be in "plain vanilla" 44.1/16 as ripped from my own CD collection.

The resolution and definition of everything I throw at the current digital source playback system (including the "plain vanilla stuff") is SKY-HIGH and VERY ENJOYABLE. I can simply say that to me this is the ultimate digital source playback system known to me as of today. Even though a complete system like I have here now will be an investment of "real money", perhaps beyond what some "do it yourself enthusiast" is willing to spend, I can tell you that the asking price (from Tachyion) is "dirt cheap" as compared to all commercially available high-end audio offerings available on the market. And my guess is that there is no system more aurally pleasing.

The downside is in the user interface and the limitation to playing WAV files prepared on your computer only. It is hard to watch the text on the tiny display to figure out what to play next, and in general to "find" your music spread out over several SD cards. However, THE REWARD in sonic pleasure (to me at least) is such that I never complain, and I have virtually stopped listening to other digital source components that I also have available (some quite costly CD players and DACs, and also some quite reasonably good USB solutions that I also think have improved a lot during recent years.)

I have no financial involvement with Tachyon, and I am also in the process of purchasing several SDTrans, DAC etc. from them (as an ordinary customer). Obviously I am friends with Bunpei & Chiaki, but I am judging the sonic results solely on their own merits, and I would not hesitate to go elsewhere if that gave me better results. So far "THIS IS IT" for me
Old 10th November 2013, 10:16 AM   #635
buk is offline buk
diyAudio Member

Hi! To sale SDTrans384, red display, rarely use!
motuz<at>mail<dot>ru
Old 12th November 2013, 12:16 PM   #636
diyAudio Member

Mr. Yamazaki of Tachyon in Tokyo shows a picture of
SDTrans384+Sync-SDT+Sync-9018D DAC+9018D-I/V system
integrated by one of SDTrans users in Japan.

I heard that the user was satisfied with its performance very much.
Old 13th November 2013, 10:23 AM   #637
diyAudio Member

Looks fantastic!

/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
Mr. Yamazaki of Tachyon in Tokyo shows a picture of
SDTrans384+Sync-SDT+Sync-9018D DAC+9018D-I/V system
integrated by one of SDTrans users in Japan.

I heard that the user was satisfied with its performance very much.
Old 8th January 2014, 09:49 AM   #638
diyAudio Member

Hello Bunpei, i would back to 2010year for a while. i'm very impressed about mr. Ishida works. i'm interested about using FE5680a rubidium master clock with counters and multipliers. ii'm looking for this type of solution. i need output freq=45.0000MHz and as i see it is possible but i don't know how it made. can you contact with mr. Ishida and ask him in my behalf? I will be very grateful. and please clear your inbox because it is impossible to send you private message
Old 9th January 2014, 10:35 PM   #639
diyAudio Member

Hi, vertigen!

I have forwarded your request to Mr. Ishida. However,
I can't guarantee his direct reply to you.
I'm afraid his original multiplier was limited to 2x and resultant frequency was < 40 MHz as far as I remember.
In addition, he found a better Rb-tube calibrated VCXO unit that employs better DDS device and abandoned the FE5680 unit he used before.

Bunpei

Last edited by Bunpei; 9th January 2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12th January 2014, 04:17 AM   #640
diyAudio Member

Hi, vertigen!

I got a private e-mail reply written in Japanese from Mr. Ishida.
He said that getting 45 MHz from FE5680A output was impossible. One possible method is to tap an internal 100 MHz signal to your external DIY DDS device. It's not easy to do.

Bunpei

Hide this!Advertise here!