MicroSD Memory Card Transport Project - Page 21 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 03:37 PM   #201
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default Upgrade example by Sunacchi

I'd like to introduce Sunacchi's example here today.
His blog pages, Ama Ama Audio Visual, in Japanese are
SDƒJ[ƒhƒvƒŒƒCƒ„[“󍆋@: Ama Ama Audio Visual
SDƒJ[ƒhƒvƒŒƒCƒ„[“󍆋@i‚»‚Ì‚Qj: Ama Ama Audio Visual

His system consists three boxes.
Click the image to open in full size.
In a main box, he put his SDTrans192, two Buffalo II DAC boards and a Japanese I/V stage.
Click the image to open in full size.
The SDTrans192 has two NDK oscillator chips. Original LCD display is replaced with "Non-back light type". Two Buffalo II DACs are configured into "Dual mono mode" respectively.
His discrete I/V stage is a kit distributed by a Japanese well-known kit designer, Mr. Fujiwara. The item code of the board is "A7-DiscAMP" on the following page.
http://www20.tok2.com/home/easyaudio...str/distr.html
Its manual is here. Though it is written in Japanese, you can look at schematics.
http://www20.tok2.com/home/easyaudio...cAMPmanual.pdf (The kit is already sold out.)

Sunacchi pursues high-quality power supplies.
In his second box, power supply regulators for +-12V, +5V x 3 are located.
Click the image to open in full size.
His power source is not a commercial AC power line, but batteries! In the third box, one 10A silicon battery is allocated for +3.3V and +5V and two 5A sealed Pb batteries for +12 and -12V.
Click the image to open in full size.

Just last weekend, he replaced original Crystek 80 MHz Oscillator devices on Buffalo II DACs with Fidelix 96 MHz bipolar amplifier oscillators so that he could listen to DXD WAV files on the system without noises. (Small stamp size boards wrapped with copper foils are the oscillator modules.)
Click the image to open in full size.
For this upgrade, he added regulators for +3.3V in the second box.
Click the image to open in full size.

I heard that he was now much enjoying sounds obtained by this system.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 09:11 AM   #202
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Fidelix Caprice vs. Buffalo II / IVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
Dear Raymond,
We appreciate your detailed explanation very much.
This week I am listening to the JFET power rugulatored and NDK oscillator upgraded SDTrans192 Rev. 2.1. This is the best SDTrans192 among I experienced.
Apart from the topic, I'd like to report the use of I2S interfacing on LVDS/HDMI connectors & cable. As some of you may know, PS Audio employs "I2S through HDMI connection" as an interfacing method for connecting their PerfectWave Transport to PerfectWave DAC. This specification is open and a Japanese audio vendor, Fidelix, provides a transmitter module (the smaller board at upper in the following picture) and a receiver & digital isolator module (the larger one at lower).
Click the image to open in full size.
These module uses National Semiconductor, DS90LV047 (Tx) and DS90LV048 (Rx) & IL715 (digital isolator).
Click the image to open in full size.
I listened to sounds by connecting our SDTrans192 to their CAPRICE DAC through this transmitter & receiver module with 1m HDMI cable for playing WAV files ranging from 44.1 kHz/ 16 bit to 352.8 kHz/ 24 bit. I thought it was fully feasible and I did not detected any distinct degradation of tones.
Chiaki is planning to incorporate a transmitter module with a HDMI connector in the next version of SDTrans192 Rev. 3.0.
Bunpei
Dear Bunpei,

please would you shed some light on the sonic differences of these two configurations:

1.) SDTrans192 with Fidelix Caprice
2.) SDTrans192 with Buffalo II / IVY

Which do you prefer ?

Thanks

matthias
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 01:32 PM   #203
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthiasw View Post
1.) SDTrans192 with Fidelix Caprice
2.) SDTrans192 with Buffalo II / IVY
Which do you prefer ?
First, I think it should be taken into account that I had not connected the best power supply unit to IVY III when I compared the two.

Frankly speaking, I prefer Fidelix CAPRICE. This is just my impression.

Last edited by Bunpei; 12th August 2010 at 01:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 02:52 PM   #204
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
Its manual is here. Though it is written in Japanese, you can look at schematics.
http://www20.tok2.com/home/easyaudio...cAMPmanual.pdf (The kit is already sold out.)
Dear jgazal,

Thank you very much for your advice via PM. Yes, you are correct.
The correct manual is this;
http://www20.tok2.com/home/easyaudiokit/IVCmanual.pdf

Bunpei
  Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 10:11 AM   #205
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Default I2S on LVDS/HDMI ( differential I2S )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
Apart from the topic, I'd like to report the use of I2S interfacing on LVDS/HDMI connectors & cable. As some of you may know, PS Audio employs "I2S through HDMI connection" as an interfacing method for connecting their PerfectWave Transport to PerfectWave DAC. This specification is open and a Japanese audio vendor, Fidelix, provides a transmitter module (the smaller board at upper in the following picture) and a receiver & digital isolator module (the larger one at lower).
As I received a PM requesting a recent status of this Fidelix "I2S on LVDS/HDMI" modules, I report this.

The company, Fidelix, has stock and they can sell the modules.
Their regular prices for end users are;
Transmitter : 5,000 JPY/piece
Receiver with Isolator: 10,000 JPY/piece

If you are interested in the modules, please contact to Bunpei. He will support communications between you and the company.
(The company has no experience of direct oversea marketing and sales.)

Bunpei has connected SDTrans192 and Buffalo II DAC using the interface modules with 1m HDMI cable and confirmed that the interfacing was perfect even on 352.8 kHz/ 24 bit PCM data transfer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 03:46 PM   #206
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
He will announce new features soon. However, we'd like to ask your patience for a while.
Chiaki announced an outlook of his new design of SDTrans192 Rev.3.0 two days ago on a BBS attached to his web site.
•ú‰ÛŒã‚Ì“dŽqHì@ŒfŽ¦” (In Japanese)

I translate his announcement and post them here.
-----------------------------------------------
Main objectives for the coming update are;
1. Improving sound quality
2. Providing better connectivity to peripheral devices

For Objective 1.,
A. Adopting NDK low phase noise crystal oscillator modules
B. Improving power supply circuits to obtain low noise profiles
C. Improving signal line print patterns

For Objective 2., the following interfaces will be on board
(in addition to such existing interfaces as I2C, I2S (single end, logic level),
S/PDIF
A. I2S on LVDS/HDMI connector & cable (PS-Audio spec)
B. Serial interface for outputting necessary file and play information
C. External master clock signal input connectors
D. External operation switch signal input connectors
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 11:24 AM   #207
CeeVee is offline CeeVee  Portugal
diyAudio Member
 
CeeVee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthiasw View Post
SDTrans192 with Buffalo II / IVY
Matthias,

Maybe instead of IVYIII, use the latest discreet Legato or a modded Pass DI IV on Buffalo...then you would have something !

  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 09:04 AM   #208
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default Version 3.0

Bunpei - thank you for the outlook for Version 3.0.

I think that Mr Chiaki has two very good objectives, and I consider nr 1 "Improving Sound quality" to be very important.

I also like that there will be "External operation switch signal input connectors". Is that via a remote control? Will it then be possible to control the Play, Stop, Pause, Previous Song buttons?



Regards,
Ingemar



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
Chiaki announced an outlook of his new design of SDTrans192 Rev.3.0 two days ago on a BBS attached to his web site.
•ú‰ÛŒã‚Ì“dŽqHì@ŒfŽ¦” (In Japanese)

I translate his announcement and post them here.
-----------------------------------------------
Main objectives for the coming update are;
1. Improving sound quality
2. Providing better connectivity to peripheral devices

For Objective 1.,
A. Adopting NDK low phase noise crystal oscillator modules
B. Improving power supply circuits to obtain low noise profiles
C. Improving signal line print patterns

For Objective 2., the following interfaces will be on board
(in addition to such existing interfaces as I2C, I2S (single end, logic level),
S/PDIF
A. I2S on LVDS/HDMI connector & cable (PS-Audio spec)
B. Serial interface for outputting necessary file and play information
C. External master clock signal input connectors
D. External operation switch signal input connectors
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 02:10 PM   #209
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeVee View Post
Maybe instead of IVYIII, use the latest discreet Legato or a modded Pass DI IV on Buffalo...then you would have something !
It's likely. I will try a new Legato.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 02:30 PM   #210
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngemarR View Post
I also like that there will be "External operation switch signal input connectors". Is that via a remote control? Will it then be possible to control the Play, Stop, Pause, Previous Song buttons?
Dear Ingemar,

I'm very sorry for my late reply.

SDTrans192 has four switches on board for Mode, Rew, Fwd, Play/Stop.
We will provide terminals to which you can add external dry contact switching mechanism in parallel. We hope you to add your remote control receiver that has digital dry contact switching capabilities by yourself. We hesitate to add any remote control receiver device on a standard board because we want to avoid a cost-up and high frequency noise sources.

Best regards,
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Usb Memory Stick/flash Card sdman Digital Line Level 5 5th September 2009 01:37 PM
FS: AMD 1 GHz CPU, motherboard, 256MB RAM, video card, power supply, network card Jimmy154 Swap Meet 0 14th June 2006 08:15 PM
My CD-Transport project YENFU Digital Source 17 24th September 2005 05:27 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:19 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2