Nagaoka CD players...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After Googling and getting nothing I've turned to my favourite forum to ask if anyone at all has had any experience, or even heard of Nagaoka CD players?

Searching these forums brings up Nagaoka alot in the Full Range section but very little else...!

Will be waiting to see if any of you enlightened hi-fi folk know more than Google does! ;)

I have it listed on ebay now

Don't know about Denon unless they were around in 87.

Played through Onkyo and Bose this remains a brilliant cd player. The track loop function is great for those wishing to play or sing along with. Tracks can be programmed to play in a desired order, repeated or excluded altogether. I bought it new along with a pair of Infinity Qe Speakers connected to a quad valve amp sounded sweet.

Hello,

i am searching for a service manual for my dbx dx900. Can everybody help me?
The Problem is that the player reads sometimes no discs an sometimes he "jumps" randomly in the tracks. :(

In the Player is a trimmer labeled with Track, so can i adjust the problem?

Regards ........Carsten

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Don't twiddle without fully knowing what you are doing.

"Track"... tracking balance ? Tracking offset ? Trackinging gain ?

Will it fix the issue... probably not. You need to use a scope and see what is happening and also confirm the quality of the RF signal from the pickup.

If it is jumping the problem may be mechanical such as dirt/grease on the pickup sled.

Thanks for your answer.

no no i don't adjust something without the correct values for measuring, a scope is here.

The only thing what i have done was to clean the lens with alcohol, nothing more.

Ok, i will look to the mechanics and maybe i will clean them.

Any hint for me to get a service manual, dbx doesn't answer my question for an service manual or a repair shop in germany. :|

Carsten

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I've no idea where you would get a manual but if you have a scope you should be able to pick up the RF easily enough to check the quality and amplitude.

If you are not familiar with CD adjustment then I recommend you read a few old service manuals such as Sony CDP101, Sony D50MK1 etc and familiarise yourself with the adjustment names. The basics for adjustment are similar for most players and only require you to identify the appropriate test points which can be helped by looking up the data sheets for the IC's used.

That said unless you are confident in your abilities then you may end up doing more harm than good. Always mark the position of all the pots first too.

Thanks,
i will look first at the older/other models like the sonys.
Marking and measuring (writing it down) at the pots is the first thing. ;)

dbx has now answered but they have no service manual (the dx900 is a labeled kyocera da-9cx) .....

Hi Carsten,
could you find the Service Manual or the wiring schematics? If yes where did you find it? For repair of an Kyocera DA-710CX I am searching for the wiring schematics.
Any hint or information is highly appreciated.
Best regards
Arno
NRW Germany

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.