Philips CD200 Service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That machine shares a servo system with others of the time (like the 303) which has a service manual for download on the www.hifiengine.com

The 1% capacitors on the servo board fail - which makes it behave erratically or not at all. These are the greyish axial ones in my photo.
(NB. My photo is of the decoder board, but the same types of suspect caps are on the servo board too. I didn't bother with 1% replacements - too hard to get. I just selectd the closest match out of my collection of 5% caps)

Also, if it operates normally but just wont read the toc, it can be caused by the rubber cushion that the optical swing arm bumps up against, to find the 'start' home position. If that falls out, the optic goes TOO close to the centre of the disc and cannot see the lead in track.

Attachments

• philcaps.jpg
    philcaps.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 194
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.