Shanling T80

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, hopefully someone can help here.

I'm experiencing a problem with my Shanling T80.

Recently, the CD burner in my PC died. All CDRs I had made on this PC played fine in the Shanling.

Got a new, Sony "Litescribe" DVD/CD burner and an older IOMEGA stand alone CD burner from another PC.

Well , guess what? CDRs made on the Sony and the IOMEGA have problems playing back in the Shanling!!!

This is whats happening:

1) After loading the CDR and pressing PLAY, it takes about 25 seconds for the music to start.

2) If I try to skip tracks to, say, track 4, nothing happens for like 50 seconds, THEN, when it starts to play, it cuts off the beginning of the track!!

3) Regular , Commercial Cds, AND CDRs I made a year ago on the old burner play back fine, no problems.

Now, I know the burners are good, because those CDRs play back fine on 2 other players I have in the house. Its the Shanling that is choking on them.

I have one more test to try...the older CDRs that play fine are silver Maxells with no printing on the face. I'm going to buy some and see if they play back correctly. However, I have already tried TDK, Maxell with color face, and a no name brand and they all had the same problems.

What could be the problem here ? Do you think the newer burners are somehow incompatible with the Shanling? Or is the disks?

Any help is greatly appreciated!~!!

Markie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.