Marantz CD94 Mk2 disc ejecting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my first ever post, so a big hello to everyone at diyAdio.com.

I have a problem with my Marantz CD94 Mk2. When I put a disc into the tray and press open/close, the disc slides in as normal, however after a few seconds an 'error' message appears and the tray ejects. This happened a few times over the past month, but is now happening ten-twenty times before finally playing. Can anyone help?

Thanks very much

Mick

I am not familiar with this player, however, the usual cause of this sort of problem is either incomplete closing of the drawer or a problem with a limit switch (drawer closed) especially as it uses a CDM-1 mechanism.

Have you taken the lid off and checked for switched on the tray mechanism ?

Andy

Hi mick,

There are 4 'rubber belts' in your Marantz player, 2 for the drawer and 2 for a cam wheel that's responsible for opening/closing of the clamper mechanisme and some switches.
Changing the rubber belts for the cam mech will proberly solve your problem.
They are located - when open up - looking from above - with drawer at the front - on the back behind the drawer mechanism on the right - where you see a big white cam wheel - the pulley's are on the side of the cam and underneed it - on the motor that's driving it.

Anton.

Hi Mick, Almost certainly rubber belts!

I have a heavily modified philips 'ugly' version of this player and have suffered the same problem!

I suspect that they are all worn however the 2 on the left hand side of the deck deal with opening and closing the tray and the two on the middle at the back of the mech raise and lower the tray.

Firstly check the operation. There is a white wheel driven by the two middle belts. Make sure the deck lowers correctly and the wheel hits the proximity switch. If not give it a hand! once the deck has lowered correctly, the disk should read. I ran my deck like this for 2 weeks whilst trying to source belts!!

You can remove both of theses belts without completely removing the deck but its a bit tricky!

If this solves the issue, try boiling the belts for 5 mins in water. This quite often shrinks the rubber and the deck will function again! Failing that, you need to source belts (be carefull, there are some mentioned on this forum (from CPC) that are not heavy duty enough).

If the spin motor is starting but the disk isn't being read, you have other issues. The CDM1 deck will start to become "lazy" after this amount of time. You should replace the 5 caps on the underside of the deck for new OsCons or ZA's. This will sort out most disk tracking issues. I'm pretty certain they are 16v 33uf (but i'm doing that from memory so check 1st!)

Ian

Hi Andy, Anton & Ian,

Thanks for getting back so quickly! I removed the case top last night and indeed saw exactly as you say - the flywheel is not turning fully enough to hit the proximity switch. A little helping hand and I had my music back!!

I will attempt belt removal over the next few days and let you know how I get on.

Once again, may I thank you all for your kind advice.

Mick

Is already an old thread, but somehow the topic is a perennial. The CD is ejected again because the CD is not transported down in the device. The cause is always the rubber belts. Or the drawer does not drive right in and out. Always the same with the belts on the models. And how many times have I used new ones. But was always an inadequate quality, which actually did not work properly from the first day. The blue belts now finally run permanently. But when installing you have to make sure that you do not lose a wire rope, otherwise it will be complicated. But here is a guide to the installation:Belt for Marantz CD7, CD10, CD11, CD12, CD15, CD16, CD94, MKII, CD95, CD99 ... Philips CD960, LHH300, LHH500, LHH700, LHH800, LHH900, LHH1000 ... Wadia WT3200, Micro Seiki, Spectral 1000 ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.