Sansui CDX-311 and Luxman DZ-111: worth it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

as I can't find much things about these late eighties CDP I'll try to get so opinions here. My aim is to have a cheap and good sounding CDP, not the best, like I'll go for good/bigger caps on PSUs, maybe some TX or superregs, a clock and top opamp or even discrete as Audio GD Earth. Firsts mods as dc blocking caps and muting transistors are free ;) Both are Sony mech, 150/152 as far as I remember and both have a lot of room, will make things much more easy than in the Aura stuff... I think it's a matter of mech and DAC used to judge them?

The Luxman: nothing inside ? Sanyo DAC is a LC7881. Starts to have problem reading discs, under 10€

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The Sansui, at least looks far better inside, Panasonic MN6471. Mint condtitions, under 40. I read that people with had a good tims with it, same flavour as 711 but with a bit less clarity and air.

I'll be happy to have any feedback or even advise for mods if I get one.

Thanks!
Matthieu

The DZ-111 and DZ-112 both come from a messy era in the history of Luxman. The DZ-112 is the better of the two, I have both. Build construction is, well as good as this price point allowed and it was the early 90ies, hi-fi was kinda dwindling.

The DZ-112 sounds very good, precise and clear and not harsh.

The DZ-111 is not bad of a player either, once moded a bit, it could be quite decent I suppose.

ig

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.