Heavyweight Sony laser/loader

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
I have a machine with a huge Sony BHR2600A laser assembly in it.
I have a problem with it that I cannot fathom.
It will load a cd,try to read it (spin ctc.),then kick it out.
If there is no cd,it will just stay in.
If I cover the optical sensor,I can see the laser "hunting" vertically,thought the sled remains stationary(not sure if this is normal,but thought I would mention it).
Anyway,I have tested all the switches,and sensors,but the fault does not seem to be with them.
Would anyone have any suggestions as to what the fault might be.
The player itself is an early eighties (don't laugh) Ferguson CD 01.
It has easily the build quality of the best mainstream players of it's time (cd101/104 etc),and I reckon could make a cracking player if I can get it repaired.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just one more thing.
I've trawled all over for information about the laser itself,but have had no luck,so even if noone can help me with the fault,any information regarding the laser itself would be much appreciated.

As for the player itself,upon checking further into this site,I noticed that the Sony 101 appears to have the same loader,or at least some of the same running gear,most noticable was a picture of the inside of a 101,showing the 2600 number that I montioned in my original post.
Also it appears that the chipsets within my player are mostly Sony components,leading me to believe that this player is a close relative to the 101,and well worth me trying to fix it.
Thank's.

KSS100A laser unit

Hi
Check the IC STK6922 or later model BX1201 if it is hot (very hot) without playing then that is the reason why the tray opens and closes. just turn the CDP101 for five minutes and check.

I have remedy that helps overcome this problem and also the laser unit KSS100A.
It is the same as in CDP200 or CDP 11S both SONY made .

Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.