|Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|21st April 2003, 06:54 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Right here
I'm wondering to make this:
- 2 analogue inputs followed by CS5396-KS and CS8404A to make a ADC at 24bit/96kHz;
- 4 coaxial digital inputs;
- 2 optical inputs;
- Digital filter;
- Digital switcher;
- 1 coaxial digital output;
- 1 optical output;
- 1 analogue stereo audio output using Cristal components and a famous TDA.
All this in a nice aluminium chassis, like the Chord.
Now, the problems are right here:
- I've received the samples and some of them are SMD. How can I Convert them into normal DIL?
- What can I use to make the digital input shitch?
The volume control will be a PGA2310PA (and a PIC, of course!).
Thanks in advance for some advices (don't tell me not to do this!!)
|23rd April 2003, 08:19 AM||#4|
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bulgaria, Sofia
Why not use the original SMDevices directly?? After all, these are some state-of-the-art devices, and not using a dedicated PCB may degrade "System Performance"
Can u make such? Or here the problem is?
I thought about a closer design, therefore I'm writing this, but I prefer the downstated cofiguration:
- CS5394 or CS5396 ADC with several Analog inputs, relay switched.
- some 5-8 digital inputs /TOSLINK and COAX/
- 3 SPDIF receivers and digital switches / multiplexers
- at least 6 ch of DACs, 2 of them state-of-the-art sigma-deltas from AD, TI, AKM, Crystal - 2 for stereo, rest for surround;
- bass re-direction - analog - trough the front's
- Digital Volume Control, maybe with a relay-driven ext. 10-20dB attenuator
- microcontroller and display
- maybe SRC
This enables Surround Sound D to A conversion, using for example 6ch SPDIF outputs on some Creative Live 5.1 / Audigy card. A DSP can also be added.
My Problems : I can not program DSP's yet, also I can't do Micro's; But it's not that hard and it will be AN UPGRADEABLE Pre-amp
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Digital Preamp for 5.1 amplifier||elnec||Digital Line Level||1||2nd September 2008 05:01 PM|
|Digital pot used in audio preamp||marthaman||Chip Amps||19||10th November 2007 06:00 PM|
|digital preamp problems||nuppe||Digital Source||4||6th November 2005 12:09 PM|
|dac + digital filter + preamp||JayV||Digital Source||1||3rd July 2003 06:05 AM|
|Digital preamp designs?||Helix||Digital Source||11||13th September 2001 12:14 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|