Is CDM-9/44 compatible with CDM-9/65

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are a couple of screws that secure the underside of the mech to the PCB. So you have to remove the whole PCB unfortunately!

From memory you have to remove the audio/DAC board first, plastic front panel (2 screws either side plus one in the middle from inside), back chassis panel, 4 screws on the PCB around the mains transformer and I think 1 screw at back of mech which you probably found already. There are also a couple of plastic clips through the PCB in the area under the audio/DAC board to be released.

You should now be able to remove the whole PCB/mech assembly as one. The front panel PCB and front chassis part comes out still fixed to the main PCB. Now you can get to the two screws under the PCB. Also undo the 2 screws either side of the mech at the front where it fixes to the front chassis. 2 connectors go to the PCB at the front right of the mech.

BE CAREFUL! This is the trickiest bit! - there is a fragile ribbon cable that connects to the PCB under the mech, you can only raise the mech a little to release the clamp connector of the ribbon cable. I find a small screwdriver best to push out on either side of the connector to release the clamp.

I may have missed something so if something seems stuck don't force it! Hope this helps and good luck.

Tyron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.