Valab Dac, Anyone Using This

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just wondering if anyone is using this Dac and their thoughts. I have 2 and think they are an absolute bargain at the price. For those that don't know it is a NOS dac using 8 x 1543 chips with coax, toslink and USB inputs, no op-amps used. No affiliation just a satisfied user.

I have the VALAB dacs the original and the latest updated one

was better than my pink trinagle da capo ,audionote DAC 3.1x. Not had it with the ultra low jitter clock though which he now has out for sale. Probably the best DAC I have ever heard. Analogue analogue analogue

Hey Audiojoy, I have 2 of the earlier versions, 1 of which is the version just before the latest. Me and a couple of buddies are working on trying to fit some transformers on the outputs, trying to figure out how to do this properly. Visit our thread at Head-Fi under source components if you like, there are some good ideas being tossed around. Yes it is a very satisfying dac, probably the best I have owned so far. Have you made any changes to yours so far? Is the latest version with the chasis being used as a heat sink any better than the previous version?

Phill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.