perpetual technologies P-1A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sur if anyone is still reading this thread...

I have a P1a/P3a combo with a Squeezebox Touch. Was contemplating trying the usb mod & feeding via a usb to I2S converter...

Anyone tried it?

Hi ntom

Got a link to the USB mod you carried out?

Well for anyone following this worked a treat:

SB Touch usb out --> usb to I2s converter --> P1a --> P3a (via I2s)

Bit convoluted but works well

Still interested in how the P1a and P3a stack up against more modern Dac's - have you had a chance to try out any other Dac's with the Touch?

Thanks

Hello guys,

I'm an Audio Alchemy and Perpetual Tech gear enthusiast ans this tread is really intresting to me.

I still own a P1a/p3a/Monolithic combo with level 2 mods and DDE 3.0 / DTP Pro 32 with several mods and I still love their sound.

I would like to know a bit more about feeding USB signal directly to the p1a, as mentioned by NTOM above, so if anyone is still reading this and would like to share some info, I would appreciate.

Best regards.

Mauricio

I wrote a pair of articles for Audio Amateur about how to do this. TAA 3/95 and 1/97 from AudioXpress. I no longer have them in electronic form.

The key is knowing the pinouts of the relevant chips and that is hard to know if you do not have schematics.

P.S.: I have a P-1A and a P-3A in the back of my closet, if anyone is interested.

Kal

It's been a long time I am resurrecting this thread since I am interested in a P-1A and a P-3A. Let me know if anybody has ones to sell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.