KECES da-151 or hifidiy pcm1794 usb dac?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i'm looking for a nice sounding usb dac around 250$. it will be placed in a system so configured: desktop with winamp or foobar with biperfect output,usb dac,dussun v6i integrated power amplifier,diy 3 way scanspeak speakers. I found good reviews about Keces,but seems 2702 dac chip is not really hi-end. So i found on ebay a HIFIDIY already assembled dac kit, with PCM2707->i2s->PCM1798 and tube buffer. Sounds more hifi accordingly to chips specs but who can know!. No matter for cabinet,i will build one by myself. And this kit has 24/192 mhz capabilities (i can upsample via software wavefiles) and spdif input with the addiction of 35$ daughter board. Seems more close to Keces da-131.1 with alsousb input. Price is the same than Keces da-151 (149$ dac+ 49 power supplydedicated+ 35$=235$) but without cabinet.
But no reviews for this dac and i don't want to make an error..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.