Adding a digital out to Shanling MC30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have looked for info about adding digital coax out to the Shanling but have come up empty. Anyone with recommendation?
Before someone asks why, when it has tube output, it needs to feed a DCX2496. I hate the digital to analog to digital back to analog scenario, and want only the final conversion from the modded output of the DCX.
The wife chose the Shanling, no exceptions.
thanks

not nessesarily.......just take the digital signal from the optical output

I've done this on a couple of cdp's without rca output
the last was my quad 99cdpII...

if there is no optical output then you need to track down the dac chip and see if it has a spidff output some do especially sonys.

zanash said:
not nessesarily.......just take the digital signal from the optical output

Which as stated it doesn't have. Then there's a few seconds on google.

if there is no optical output then you need to track down the dac chip and see if it has a spidff output some do especially sonys.

Dacs with SPDIF output ? a likely story. A CD decoder yes but not a dac.

Back to the task at hand. The dac is the PCM1738E and the decoder is most likely the SAA7327, the usual decoder for the VAM1202 spinner. Try pin 51, if you are in luck it is enabled and if not, its build or buy.

rfbrw

Confirmed 7327H, and pin 51 is DOBM, what is the best way then to determine enabled? Scope or voltage? The board connects a 100ohm resistor and 47pf cap, but the trace is underside, so would have to pull the board to ck if it goes to the dac.
For digital out, I would use a bnc or rca because of space constraints. Do i need to add a transformer or just cap and resistor to connector? I found Lukasz (Lampizator) added a 10pf cap in series and a resistor to ground, and found this acceptable (good square wave) but that was the 7220 chip. He states a transformer is only necessary on one side unless balanced. (as I understood it), is this accurate?
recommendations?
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.