Marantz CD63 KI SIG, Error 12, Sled Error problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, I am new to this site and wonder if anyone can help with my Marantz CD problem? My CD player went wrong initially about 2 years ago when it started skipping every now and again, cleaning did not help. Since then I have installed 2 new optical drives a Philips VAM 1202/12. They both worked for about 6 months each before the problem started again, and then would not register CD's at all!. So again I installed another new Philips optical drive to no avail! Following the diagnostic instructions it comes up with Error 12 sled error. I tried putting the whole transport unit into my other basic CD 63 and it works perfectly! What could be wrong with the KI player? is it something on the PCB? How can I check? I have thought about replacing the PCB on the KI player with the basic CD 63 players PCB? Any thoughts, they both look the same essentially. I find the KI player a much more enjoyable listen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.