The mysterious NE5534 in the datasheet of PCM1792

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Obviously, for voicing. The PCM1792 is clearly so clean and clinical that some grungy stuff must be added to make it "musical".

Why are you laughing? Oh, it's April 1st. Never mind ....
:clown:

mlloyd1

peranders said:
WHY have Texas chosen NE5534 as an I/V converter followed by a LT1028 ...Please, explain for me the good reasons for this.

Yes, but they also make more expensive parts. For the PCM1730 and 1738 (both of which have the same or better THD+N as the 1792!), they recommended the OPA627 or 5534.

I have been listening to a 627 for years and years, it's in my preamp, but it is buffered with a class A four-transistor emitter follower. I am not sure it really likes to deliver 7 mA peak current.

Eric

peranders said:
WHY have Texas chosen NE5534 as an I/V converter followed by a LT1028 :scratch: :scratch: :confused: :confused: :scratch: :att'n:

http://www-s.ti.com/sc/psheets/sles069/sles069.pdf

Please, explain for me the good reasons for this.

I have spoken to people who have done extensive measurements on 5534 with AP. Apparently its main
sin is CM distortion and in inverting mode is one of
lowest distortion measuring OPA's.
It is interesting however, as BB always used to recommend
OPA627 for highest I-V performance.

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.