High speed soft recovery diodes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have replaced the ordinairy diodebridge in my Denon DCD-1520 for high speed soft recovery diodes. I have used BYV-95A diodes.

After some extensive listenings i cannot detect any sonic improvements. Have i done something wrong ?

Please your comments.

Regards,
Piersma

DCD-1520

Hi Piersma,

I've got a DCD-1520 as well and that's one of the modifications I was thinkign of doing. How do you like the player (compared to anything more recent?) and what other mods have you done? I wish I could help with your diode question, but I'm not so experienced. Thanks.

Fast diodes

Hi Guyz,

The diodes which were in......... ~@x%?94## made in Hongkong.

Without any mods the player sounds really terrible compared to the cheapest dated Marantz player.

Here are the mods: removed the muting transistors, put in OPA2134, put in styroflex and MKP caps, removed the ceramic caps on the output of the DAC,clock modification, buffered all integrated circuits, replaced the regulators and the diodebridge.

The ELMA output caps really su........ replace them by MKP, you will be happy

Regards,
Piersma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.