CDPRO2 at diy-high-end.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wrote this message only for warning to all people.

If you have thinking about buying a CDPRO2 unit at http://www.diy-high-end.com/, you should be aware of how hard is to get it.

Last month of may, I made an order to Nico Thevissen, and he was very fast getting money and send me the invoice. When I was pay, all was another story completely different. E-mais was not responsed any more, and Nico T. only was by phone.

Time was gone, and every telephone call, I get an “…next week I send the parcel…” but none was sent. It was dozens of e-mails, telephone calls, etc.

Five months later, the packet arrived at home, but one more time I was boring by the facts: Remote Control Unit was missing.

Finally, I have no doubt, this is the worst experience I have had in this business. If you are thinking about CDPRO, please, you should be aware of this.

regards,

Luis.

LuisMCP said:

If you have thinking about buying a CDPRO2 unit at http://www.diy-high-end.com/, you should be aware of how hard is to get it.

Last month of may, I made an order to Nico Thevissen, and he was very fast getting money and send me the invoice. When I was pay, all was another story completely different. E-mais was not responsed any more, and Nico T. only was by phone.

Time was gone, and every telephone call, I get an “…next week I send the parcel…” but none was sent. It was dozens of e-mails, telephone calls, etc.

Five months later, the packet arrived at home, but one more time I was boring by the facts: Remote Control Unit was missing.

Finally, I have no doubt, this is the worst experience I have had in this business. If you are thinking about CDPRO, please, you should be aware of this.

regards,

Luis.

bad news

In 4 weeks from now I start supplying CDpro 2M LF drives and Display controllers, keep an eye on the website.

best

LuisMCP said:

regards,

Luis.

Cite from his site:
"As the DIY-high-END business is no longer operated as a full time business best is to email us."

Regards,
I.

The guy is definitely giving on-line shopping a very bad reputation and he should be fined / jailed! But, who is to regulate this? It's bloody mayhem out there....

Thanks LuisMCP for the warning - always consider ordering the parts straight from the relevant manufacturers, it is much cheaper + you'll get them for sure!

...and if you are modifying / designing for some extra cash on a side, the mark-up stays in your pocket :devilr:

Boky

Extreme_Boky said:
The guy is definitely giving on-line shopping a very bad reputation and he should be fined / jailed! But, who is to regulate this? It's bloody mayhem out there....

Thanks LuisMCP for the warning - always consider ordering the parts straight from the relevant manufacturers, it is much cheaper + you'll get them for sure!

...and if you are modifying / designing for some extra cash on a side, the mark-up stays in your pocket :devilr:

Boky

Hi Boky,

who is a "relevant manufacturer" for CDPRO2 ?

Maybe Daisy Laser ? (http://www.daisy-laser.com/)

hasta luego,

luis.

musicomputer said:

What an unfortunate name for an audio company :D

hahaha... not fart, but was meant to be AHF Art Audio. AHF is the initials of his name. ;)

here's a pic of the kit that i got from him:
R0011079.jpg

more pics .here.

progress at my blog.

cheers
garbage

fredlock said:
Garbage, do you know how much is the cdpro2lf transport kit?

Fred

just texted him.

with chassis, cdpro2lf transport, display+controller+power supply boards, 2 separate plitron transformers (1 to supply the transport, the other to supply the display, etc) will be SGD1650. freight excluded.

everything above except the chassis is SGD980, freight excluded.

fyi, he also stocks the cdm9 mechanism, at SGD50 less.

fredlock said:
Thanks Garbage.

Something to think about this coming month if I come up with the budget. If I decide to buy one of those kits, how will I be able to contact him?

Fred

look at the seller's website i posted above. seller's contact info is there. the kitset includes a PCB with PSU for the cd pro2, PSU for the display and controls, a RC handset... there is even the option for reclocking the CD Pro2, as well as SPDIF reclocking.

Tentlabs CD delivery problem

Hello,
LuisMCP said:
...I made an order to Nico Thevissen, and he was very fast getting money and send me the invoice. When I was pay, all was another story completely different. E-mais was not responsed any more, and Nico T. only was by phone...

I have same problem with Tentlabs. I order a CD player on October 2008. I'm still waiting for delivery and no reply to mail since November!

Sad but true :ashamed:

Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.