5-minute MusicPal mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,

This message is to let you know that the Freecom MusicPal internet radio and music streamer has all necessary equipment on-board for USB connectivity. It just lacks the USB-connector.
Special thanks to Donar:
http://www.donar.com/musicpal/
After opening the MusicPal and soldering in the USB-connector (you guessed it right: takes 5 minutes and cost less than $2) it immediately recognized the USB memory stick (1Gb) that I inserted. Instantly recognized the mp3 files on it and played flawlessly. Plug&play and hotswappable. Furthermore, it recognized my complete 200Gb external hdd and was lightning quick navigating through thousands of music files. Other (non-memory) equipment was not recognized; I tried a USB WLAN stick, for example, without success.
I suggest taking out that awful little speaker, put a USB-powered 2.5" hdd in that compartment (it would even fit an additional bare sonic T-amp I think) and enjoy this great little machine.

Attachments

• freecom-back.jpg
    freecom-back.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 197
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.