Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2003, 07:47 PM   #1
manners is offline manners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Teac part help

I've got a teac vrds 7 cdp but the cd tray stopped working. So I did some investigation work and found that one of the toothed gears for the laser assembly is broken. So I am on the hunt for this replacement part. Does anyone know where I can get this part from?

Also whilst it's all apart i would like to change the leds and lcd filter colour to blue. Again does anyone know where i can get the filter from?

Thanks for the help.
Old 29th March 2003, 03:48 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Teac part help

Quote:
Originally posted by manners
I've got a teac vrds 7 cdp but the cd tray stopped working. So I did some investigation work and found that one of the toothed gears for the laser assembly is broken. So I am on the hunt for this replacement part. Does anyone know where I can get this part from?

Also whilst it's all apart i would like to change the leds and lcd filter colour to blue. Again does anyone know where i can get the filter from?

Thanks for the help.
------------------------------------------------------
Phone TEAC service and they will give you a no for parts for non account customers. You can buy the manual too.

For LEDs try Farnell or RS
Old 29th March 2003, 06:15 PM   #3
manners is offline manners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Fmak thanks for the help. I have tried teac in the past and they were not particularly help via email. I'll give them a call and see how I get on.

The quest for the display filter is over. Scraggles provided me with some useful information. Basically he used 2 1.5mm thick anti glare sheets.

http://uk1.farnell.com/Search/level_...28&SKUID=12413

Which along with some blue lighting film (spotlights) makes the lcd display blue.

This is the link provided by scraggles for the leds

http://uk1.farnell.com/Search/level_...94&SKUID=15879

I would just like to say thanks to scraggles for his help and to fmak for his advice.

Hide this!Advertise here!