DAC 1955 paralleled

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I'm building my second version of my 24 bits DAC with AD1955....

When I heard the first version of my dac I was entusiatic but two years late I want to build the version 1.1.

My second version it's pretty simple, I want to use more or less the same circuits but with 4 AD1955 paralleled.

My question is about the SPI interface, what do you think about this port, is it possible to paralleled or I need to buffering all the signals?

I' d like to use the SPI just for the volume control.

Thanks in advance for all the replays!

;)

fabiodord said:
Hi guys,

I'm building my second version of my 24 bits DAC with AD1955....

When I heard the first version of my dac I was entusiatic but two years late I want to build the version 1.1.

My second version it's pretty simple, I want to use more or less the same circuits but with 4 AD1955 paralleled.

My question is about the SPI interface, what do you think about this port, is it possible to paralleled or I need to buffering all the signals?

I' d like to use the SPI just for the volume control.

Thanks in advance for all the replays!

;)

I think there is no problem.
In the spec, we can use nCLATCH, CCLK, CDATA. These seems to support the only the write mode so that if you transfer the data then 4 dac can accept it.

Thanks for reply !

:D

I'd like to write the software and try it on my dac rev.1 but due to my lack of experience with microcontroller probably I'll spent some weeks to understand what I need to write....

I do a little circuits with PIC micro but I can't write a software like this, I actually work just with flashing leds, push buttons, some 7 segments display.....

Can you advise me where read somehow about Basic programming for Microchip PIC?

Thanks in advance

;)

why don't we make da converter?

fabiodord said:
Thanks for reply !

I'd like to write the software and try it on my dac rev.1 but due to my lack of experience with microcontroller probably I'll spent some weeks to understand what I need to write....

I do a little circuits with PIC micro but I can't write a software like this, I actually work just with flashing leds, push buttons, some 7 segments display.....

Can you advise me where read somehow about Basic programming for Microchip PIC?

Thanks in advance

;)

I am designing DA converter so that if you want, then I'd like to make DA converter.
I can program micro-controller; AVR, PIC, MSP series..
so we can start...

Thank you! very good!

How can I help you?

:smash:

At the moment I can try to use the volume control with my old kind of dac (with just one AD1955).
I have one "test board" with a strip for the SPI interface ready to connect the microcontroller.

If possible I'd like to use the PIC because I have already all the software and the programmer circuit.

What do you think about the encoder for the volume control?

I thought another system with one potentiometer connected at +5 and GND with variable out voltage read the value by ADC of microcontroller and after a software filter use this value to increase and decrease the volume.... I don't know what is the best way....

Thanks in advance

Fabio

Let's start.

fabiodord said:

Thank you! very good!

How can I help you?

:smash:

At the moment I can try to use the volume control with my old kind of dac (with just one AD1955).
I have one "test board" with a strip for the SPI interface ready to connect the microcontroller.

If possible I'd like to use the PIC because I have already all the software and the programmer circuit.

What do you think about the encoder for the volume control?

I thought another system with one potentiometer connected at +5 and GND with variable out voltage read the value by ADC of microcontroller and after a software filter use this value to increase and decrease the volume.... I don't know what is the best way....

Thanks in advance

Fabio

I love using encoder for volume control, and there's no problem to use pic. so don't worry.
then to design or program the dac, then first we should share information like schemetics..
anyway, why don't we design new da converter with ad1955 or ad1853.
Now I am thinking to design AD1853...
If you agree, then we can start. But where can we treat this da converter? I mean for sharing information, I or you should upload data like sch. So if you are ok, then I'd like to discuss this on my board. But you have your own homepage or board, then we can discuss on your board or your homepage.

On my homepage, I am processing digital amp. So If you are ok, then I can process the DA converter on my board.
(www.digi-hifi.com/audio forum)
and first, we should decide who draw sch and artwork.

waitting for your response.

Attachments

• fulldigitalamp_800.jpg
    fulldigitalamp_800.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 320
Ok!

we can start... If are ok for you we can activate ftp folder from internet provider , in this way we have the possibility to share all our information like schematics , gerber file , software all what we need to use for the development

;)

Is it good for you? If you have another way tell me your opinion we are free to choose the best way....

I'm using for the schematics and layout EAGLE CAD 5.2 I'm a pretty good user, I use it in my company for all the electronic boards that we develope.

With the datasheet if I remember right the AD1955 it's better than 1853 but as a lot of time the best sound on datasheet it's not the best sound in our hear... what do you think about?

For me it's the same 1955 / 1853 ... it's a new project and new adventure.... tell me your opinions....

I will be in Italy up to Sunday 28/09 then for one week I'll be in Qwait and Qatar, in this time I can probably just read the mail but don't work with schematics and so on.

This just to tell you that we can't start our work in a full time for ten days more or less.

Thanks

Fabio

Good to start..

I am working with Or-Cad for drawing sch. Power PCB for artwork. we are using different tools. so that I think we should decide who draw and artwork.
anyway, I am not good at using ftp so that we should try my homepage forum board. but my forum allows to upload only pictures so that you and I discuss on this project.
if you want then you can start with ad1955. and if you are ok, then why don't we use the audio forum board of www.digi-hifi.com?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.