SAA7323 Vref pin?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been reading an old thread (Bit stream and Bass – 2004) on DIYaudio.com where JohnW discussed upgrading the Vref capacitor of the SAA7323/7350 DACs. I would like to apply this mod (among others) to my Rotel RCD965BX which used the SAA7323 DAC.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20118

However my main problem is that I am not technical enough to identify the Vref pin on the SAA7323 chip. I have asked this question on the other thread but there was no response.

Looking at the data sheet I can't see a pin labelled simply "vref." However I can see a VREFL (pin 7) and a VREFR (pin 3) which the data sheet describes as the "reference voltage inputs for the analog left and right channel grounds, and are normally connected to VRO."

Pin 16 is VRO whch the data sheet describes as the "internal voltage reference output [+2.5V]".

In the Rotel, these pins are decoupled by 47uF BlackGates and 47nF ceramics.

I also see pin 17 VRC (internal reference voltage high impedance node requiring an external smoothing capacitor) On the 965BX this is decoupled by a 4.7uF Black Gate and 47nF ceramic.

Can anyone tell me whether pin 16 (VRO) is the Vref pin described in the thread, or if not, which pin is Vref?

Joe

Attachments

• saa7323 vref?.pdf
    13.3 KB · Views: 129
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.