Pcm2706 -> I2s -> Tda1541a ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this PCM2706 board which is working fine with a TDA1543 DAC via I2S. Today I connected the PCM2706 I2S outputs to a scratch built TDA1541A board, but it not not working. Only one channel has some vague music buried in loud noise.

I know I need to look at everything of the TDA1541 board, especially the AD826 I/V stage. But before I do that, I want to know if TDA1651A should pin 27 (TWC) wired to pin 28 (VDD) while used with PCM2706?

Thanks.

Well, I use a TDA1541A for I2S input (although not with the PCM2706) and I do have these two connected - pulling TWC high.

Why not try it. You can do no harm, it just changes the mode of operation. You could probably just short the two together to test (be very careful!).

Or maybe the problem could be related to leaving this floating? Its probably wise to make sure all your unimportant inputs are not left floating, and that they're pulled in the direction you require.

Got it working now. And TDA1541A does have a more open and extended sound than TDA1543.

It is correct to have the TCW pin pulled up. The problem was the I/V. Simply replace the AD826 with a NE5532 and it is working fine. I will try my other more expensive OP Amp later. But the good old 5532 is always dependable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.