Read this if you own a Sony Vaio laptop and want to turn off the annoying beep tone - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2008, 04:08 PM   #1
hates ground loops
diyAudio Member

Talking Read this if you own a Sony Vaio laptop and want to turn off the annoying beep tone

I own a Sony Vaio VGN-N38L laptop which I use as a digital source and everytime I change the volume with the Fn key or adjust the screen's brightness there's that ear-shattering beep. Here's how to turn it off:

Find the folder "VAIO Event Service". On my machine the path is "C:\Programs\Sony\VAIO Event Service". This folder contains a file called pi.wav which consists of 6kB of pure sadism. What where they thinking when they programmed this? Simply rename it or delete it or move it somewhere else. The event service doesn't recognize it anymore and seemingly doesn't care either. Everything still works, the beep is gone. Should work for any Sony Vaio laptop.

Hide this!Advertise here!