Where can I found TCXO?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, I have no idea about it.
But I think it's not a big problem compare to the price of the TCXO.
And also, the weight of TCXO is very light.
Maybe you can ask that supplier to send it by regular mail.
It will be much cheaper than express.

Best regards

There is no guarentee that a TCXO will have low jitter. Sometimes there are a bit higher quality, but no guarentee. A TCXO guarentees an accurate frequency over temperature, but does not guarentee low cycle to cycle jitter which is what I think you want to accomplish. Just a thought you may want to look into. As opposed to PPM spec, look for a pk-pk or RMS jitter spec.

Good luck in your design.

Alvaius

Re: TXCO

VinceL said:
Try Matthew at www.audioxtension.com

He sells a TCXO-based clock. I have one installed in my CEC and am a happy camper.

FTR: My only link with Matthew is as a satisfied customer.
---------------------------------

I have just visited. He now sells a Japanese clock module of unknown pedegree with a temp compensated crytal at about £135 installed.

Better use a Guido Tent unit, I think.

I would just like to add to tha point which has already been noted here:

TCXO will be very unlikely to provide better jitter performance than a regular XO.

In my experience (which sadly is mostly from reading not all that much practical experience), Valpey Fisher is one company that make great products (ranging from standard XO through VCXO, TCXO, VTCXO, all in various configurations including ECL ...) + they are exceptionally nice people which is not something that can be said about all other high-end oscillator manufacturers.

Petter

alvaius said:
There is no guarentee that a TCXO will have low jitter. Sometimes there are a bit higher quality, but no guarentee. A TCXO guarentees an accurate frequency over temperature, but does not guarentee low cycle to cycle jitter which is what I think you want to accomplish. Just a thought you may want to look into. As opposed to PPM spec, look for a pk-pk or RMS jitter spec.

Good luck in your design.

Alvaius

alvaius:
What is your advice for attenuating the jitter for DAC?
My DAC digital reciver is CS8412 and digital filter is SM5842.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.