Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2003, 02:46 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Available EQ on combined electronic crossovers/ EQ: Berhinger, dbx, etc

Steve D or anyone:
The new Behringer DCX 2496 handles crossovers (your choice of type) up to 3 way, and up to 4th order LR, in the digital mode, for USD $350-440.

It also allows stereo parametric EQ.

Behringer advised me that if used for 3 way crossovers, and both 24 dB/ octave LR,
"you should have approx 17% processing power free. Each EQ band needs approx 3-4% of the DSP power".
They’ve confirmed that this option (24 dB/ octave) would allow each channel _just_ 2 bands of parametric EQ.

(Minimum EQ bandwidth is 1/10 oct).

There may be an upgrade where you can choose the sample rate between 48 and 96 kHz.
48 kHz gives more space on the dsp power.. but they can’t say when or if it will come out.

Does the dbx Driverack PA, or another similar product, when used for 24 dB/ octave, allow more bands of parametric EQ?
Old 19th March 2003, 03:07 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The driverack PA has eq only on the input I think, but anyway it sounds terrible in my opinion.
If you need post crossover EQ in one box I'd go for the Rane RPM 26z - you can freely configure where do you wnat the EQ - or the older EV Merlin ISP-100, if you can get it.
Old 10th May 2011, 02:09 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

hi,
I am using a deq2496 to feed the dcx 2496,4 way setup with sub

Hide this!Advertise here!