Sonos or transporter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm going with networked music. There's not many choices. The Sonos system or the Logitech transporter. Sonos seems much more polished in terms of user interface. But transporter has a reputation for good sound quality. Does anyone have experience to help me decide? Thanks. Jim.

jimluu said:
There's not many choices. The Sonos system or the Logitech transporter. Sonos seems much more polished in terms of user interface. But transporter has a reputation for good sound quality. Does anyone have experience to help me decide?

Why not looking at the squeezebox 3 ? I'm using it with a 2TB synology server thru w-lan and I can attest that product very good sound quality, and this on a much lower price then you indicate ... must it be a transporter ? You'll get more with a squeezebox and a optional DAC for that price, even when you demount the SB3 into another enclosure ... (some of my next projects) ... and replace the wallwart into a solid state power supply with min. 1.5 A ...

My 2cents

artQuake

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.