Rotel RCD-850 Service Manual - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th June 2008, 04:42 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rotel RCD-850 Service Manual

Hi everyone

While I wait for my Rotel RCD-970BX's CDM9/44 laser mechanism to arrive, I thought I'd work on another project.

I'm in need of a service manual for an old Rotel RCD-850 cd player. I've had this thing for years now, only having to replace the drive belts a couple of times and fix a button that kept popping out of the front panel.

It still plays store bought cd's very well, and doesn't sound too bad either. But it hunts and searches for the beginning of tracks on burned cd's. I hope that it's just a matter of adjusting the tracking, but I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what that entails. Having the service manual should put me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help sourcing the manual. I've emailed Rotel but they have yet to respond.
Old 19th June 2008, 06:03 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Nevermind, Rotel got back to me with the manual.

If anyone needs it, let me know. There must be a couple more of these players floating around.
Old 19th June 2008, 11:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Rodmunch,

I'm interested in sm for Rotel RCD-850...in exchange I can offer sm for Rotel RCD-855.
Old 20th June 2008, 01:10 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

No need for giving me the RCD-855 manual in return, I'm more than happy to share.

I'm afraid it's too large to attach here. Give me your email and I'll send it to you.
Old 20th June 2008, 08:30 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi Rodmunch,

Thank you for your offer, PM sent.
Old 20th June 2008, 06:12 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

OK, I'll send you an email shortly.

Hide this!Advertise here!