Suspension rubber for CDM12.x - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2009, 11:14 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tip. I used to own the only audio repair shop in the area. So to my knowledge there are none left in Vermont. I was hoping to be able to buy a dozen or so as I still occassionaly do some CD repairs w/ the Philips assembly.
Old 11th January 2012, 02:32 PM   #12
Mi5ke is offline Mi5ke  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default How to remove CMD12.x without destroying the rubber mounts?

Hi,

Does anybody know the "correct" way to remove a CDM12.x without destroying the rubber suspension mounts?

On my player (Cyrus dAD3 S24) the slots for the rubber on the CDM open in the opposite direction to those on the player body, so seems impossible to remove the feet - other than by brute force.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 12th January 2012, 07:28 AM   #13
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Easy (if this is what you mean)... you use a small jewellers screwdriver and just push/prise the mounts away from the CDM12 body in a horizontal direction. You are pushing against the barbs in the CDM frame but the mounts slide out easily if you apply enough controlled force.

I have worked on many of these and never damaged or split one.

If you mean removing the "other end" then again, you use a small screwdriver and very carefully work one end of the bush into the slot it's pushed through. Then do the other side of the bush. They are very compressible and will go through the chassis slot. Be careful not to stab them or puncture them but they are pretty tough I find.
Old 31st January 2012, 01:08 PM   #14
Mi5ke is offline Mi5ke  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks - tried to ease it out, with controlled force, but it just wouldn't go (also quite awkward to get a tool into the right position). Finally, knowing that I was replacing the CDM12.4 anyway, I didn't mind damaging the old non-working unit, so just snipped the plastic a little, and cracked the CDM's retaining tab off (gulp!), thus guaranteeing that the rubber mounts were in perfect condition, unstressed. And everything is fine.... now I just have to figure out where the white nylon drawer-switch cam mechanism goes - not obvious, after it fell out!

Hide this!Advertise here!