Marantz CD-67 noise problem - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th June 2008, 10:48 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz CD-67 noise problem

Dear All!
Could You help me sommebody at next problem with my Marantz Cd-67 player?I heard click noise between two tracks at the left chanel.
If the volume higher at left side (fx.piano,guitar,organ voice) I sense more audible rustle,crackling noise then at right side. I sense at almost Audio Cd.What's the problem?Somebody can you suggest something to me for solv the problem?Intresting I not feel same problem at headphone mode!

Regards

Laszlo
Old 10th June 2008, 02:20 PM   #2
oshifis is offline oshifis  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Typical muting transistor fault.

Laszlo
Old 11th June 2008, 09:21 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

The mute transistors are in the output circuit to prevent any unwanted noise (i.e pops and crackles when skipping tracks or turning the CD off) from reaching the output of the CD player. They basicaly short the output to earth when the CD is not playing.

If you have an understanding of electronics and you are good at sodering you could try removing the mute transistors. De-soldering them as aposed to snipping them out means that you can reverse the mod if it doesn't work. It will actualy make an imrovement to the sound quality and should stop all the unwanted noises. It is quite an easy modification to do.

I have removed the mute transistors from my NAD C520, and it made quite a difference.

Try this link for the CD-67.

http://diyparadise.com/cdptweak.htm
Old 12th June 2008, 09:24 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Just forgot to mention somthing. With the mute transistors removed, you will have to change your habits with the amp. Remember to turn the volume down before you turn the CD off, othewise you may get pops and crackles (although, these noises shouldn't harm your speakers, unless the volume is up really loud).

Hide this!Advertise here!