Looking DIY CDPro controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Sidy,

I already know these two links, and I already bought one from Diyparadise, but I guess the PIC contains few bugs. Unfortunately sometimes freezing the display randomly and I have to turn it off-on.

About the Martin's stuff:
Very nice project, but I don't like the switched psu (this is my private opinion only)

Have you more any idea?

Many thanks!

error401 said:
The SMPS is only used for the controller, LCD and relays. All the critical analog power supplies are much nicer. If you still object, you can easily substitute any other 12V supply if you fabricate your own boards or if he starts selling them.

Thanks error401 for pointing that out!
The SMPS was chosen for its low power consumption during standby. Actually I replaced the SMPS in my CD-player by a linear PS because, even it is only used for the controller/display/relays, it produced just a bit too much high frequency noise I could not get rid of.

As error401 stated, replace the SMPS with whatever 12V/1A power supply you like best.

If I ever find the time to produce some boards/kits I will do some redesign on the power supply.

Hi

I have the DIYParadise controller too and have suffered similar issues. It does work 99% of the time, which makes the few bugs a shame.

I might look for a replacement at some stage, but just having too much fun listening to music on my CDPro/Opus dual mono/Balsie player. It's terrific.

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.